MIDWEEK BIBLE STUDIES
Faith for Completing Your Life’s Assignment
Tuesday in the Truth
June 1, 2010
Obedience and Disobedience III
(Obedience is the True Test of our Love for God)
1. Obedience is the ability to hear; to listen; to pay attention; to do what one is instructed to do.
2. Obedience is the willful submission and performance of assigned tasks, statutes or commandments.
3. Obedience defined…submissive; yielding; accepting; going along with; consent; non opposition.
1. Disobedience defined…unwilling; a refusal; to turn one’s back on; to turn a deaf ear to.
A. Isaiah 1:19-20
1. Your level of obedience will connect you to receiving God’s best.
2. Obedience is a matter of choice.
3. Yielding our will to the will of God is the true test of our love for Him.
a. Jesus yielded His will in the garden of Gethsemane. (St. Matthew 26:39)
b. Jesus yielded His will even unto death. (Philippians 2:8)
B. Jeremiah 1:5-10
1. Man is a three part being: spirit, soul and body. (I Thessalonians 5:23)
2. God knew us, was intimate with us, in the spirit realm because He is the Father of spirits. (Hebrews 12:9)
3. Success comes when you discover, submit and embrace your assignment.
C. Acts 10:34
D. St. Mark 11:12-14, 20-23
A. The objective of obedience, naturally, is to teach people how to comply with societal rules, company rules, rules of the road, etc.
B. The objective of obedience, spiritually, is to teach believers how to comply with new rules in a new system that connects them to the various benefits in this new Kingdom…authority, salvation, answered prayers, faith, healing, prosperity, etc.
C. God teaches us how to succeed in His Kingdom through our obedience to the system of faith.
I. Rules of the Kingdom of God
A. If the Kingdom is to advance you, you must say the Word (St. Mark 11:22-23)
B. There are qualities of the Word designed to advance your life:
1. St. John 1:1 – If there is the God kind of faith there must be a God that uses faith. God uses His word to create.
2. Colossians 1:15-16
a. All things are made by the Word which is spoken. Therefore the Word has always been active in creation.
b. The Word creates all things both visible and invisible.
c. Invisible does not mean unreal. Invisible things are more real than the visible.
3. Ephesians 1:3 – All things you need already exist in another realm (heavenly places).
4. II Corinthians 4:18 – Our ability to look beyond what is perceived by the senses is the key to success in this new Kingdom.
C. How you embrace the process (the law of faith) will determine your productivity as a Kingdom citizen.
1. Romans 10:17
a. Faith and the word of God are synonymous terms. Faith is the word of God.
b. If you are not hearing the word of God, your faith will not grow.
2. Romans 4:17 – Faith calls things by the word of God.
3. Hebrews 1:3 – All things are upheld by the spoken Word.
4. Isaiah 55:11
a. Whatever God says brings substance or accomplishes something.
b. It will not work until we obey God by saying it out of our mouths.
c. Isaiah 55:6-8 – Obedience is the bridge to thinking and acting like God.
5. St. John 1:14
a. The Word will manifest when you obey the process by saying.
b. Jesus came into being by the spoken Word
D. When we obey, the Word becomes the means through which God agrees with man.
1. Hebrews 4:12 – The word of God is alive.
2. Romans 4:17 – The word of God makes something out of nothing.
3. II Timothy 3:16
a. We are supposed to prosper because of the Word.
b. We should correctly function in the earth by the Word.
4. Romans 1:17 – We are to live by what we say.
5. Colossians 3:16
a. To let (allow) is obedience.
b. When the Word is dwelling in you richly it is a force to change your situation.
c. Proverbs 2:1-7: An example of the Word dwelling in you richly.
1. Two types of fear: (1) the fear of the circumstances which means you elevate your circumstances over the creative power of God; and (2) the fear of the Lord which is reverential fear: respecting the creative power of God more than your circumstances.
2. Incline means straining to hear God.
3. When there is a slow period in your life, it’s an indication you need a Word to enter into your next season.
d. Proverbs 4:20-24: Benefits of the Word dwelling in you richly.
E. Steps to Obeying God
1. Haggai 1:5 – Accept personal responsibility for inspecting your life to determine your degree of obedience.
(c)2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.