Psalm 65:11 Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
UNDERSTANDING THE GRACE OF GOD FOR ABUNDANT LIVING
Grace in Giving II
(No More Lack)
August 8, 2010
A. Daniel 2:31-35
1. Daniel interprets the king’s dream:
a. The elements that make up the image represent four world empires or kingdoms: (verses 32-33)
1. Gold represents the Kingdom of Babylon.
2. Silver represents the Medes-Persian Empire.
3. Brass represents the Grecian Empire.
4. Iron and clay represent the Roman Empire.
b. The stone in verse 34 that destroys the image or world’s systems in verses 32-33 is prophetic of Jesus Christ.
1. God has a system that will bring down any governmental limitations over your life and money.
B. Examples of grace in action:
A. David defeats Goliath (I Samuel 17)
1. This is an example of grace to receive power. Power is the ability to achieve results.
B. The crossing of the Red Sea (Exodus 13-15)
1. This serves as an example of the grace of God to cancel debt and receive unusual spiritual favors.
C. The feeding of the 5000+ (St. John 6)
1. This is an example of the grace of God to increase and to enhance what you have.
1. Grace is the free favor of God.
2. Grace is an equipping; a special ability from God; grace, in essence, is the anointing of God.
3. Grace is having God’s advantage in life.
a. A special endowment for your life’s assignment/task, to handle your money. (I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible)
b. I Peter 4:10, The Amplified Bible
1. There are many sides to God’s grace just as there are many sides to life.
2. There is a grace that causes your money to grow.
1. To set aside, to disesteem, to neutralize or violate, to cast off, despised, disannul, to bring to naught or reject.
2. Galatians 2:21, The Amplified Bible
a. The grace of God on your money can be frustrated if treated as something of minor importance.
b. Grace is released upon believers by way of their giving.
A. II Corinthians 8:1-7, 9, 12 [Emphasis verse 12]
1. You must have a willing mind to pay your tithe and give your offerings.
2. Participation in the system of tithes and offerings is a mental thing.
3. The question becomes “do you view the system of tithes and offerings as a minor thing or a major thing?
B. II Corinthians 9:1-8 [Emphasis verses 6-8]
1. Sparingly is defined as stingy or stingily.
2. Bountiful defined… shall have the blessing, to have God speak fairly, fine speaking, elegance of language, God pronouncing a benediction over your life which is a blessing.
3. To purpose in your heart is a mind thing. (verse 7)
4. Your willingness to give and participate in the process is a decision.
I. Examples of the grace of God that causes the believer to have “no lack”:
A. Acts 4:32-35 [Emphasis verse 34]
1. A New Testament example of the grace of giving that eradicates lack.
2. Lack is defined as needy, deficient or destitute.
B. Deuteronomy 2:7
1. An example of the grace of God in the Old Testament that eliminates lack.
(c)2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.