MIDWEEK BIBLE STUDIES
Tuesday in the Truth
November 2, 2010
Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives IV
(Eight Steps to Exercising Extraordinary Faith)
A. God has an assignment for every person’s life. (Reference scripture – Hebrews 12:9)
B. God leads the believer by the spirit. (Reference scriptures – Proverbs 23:7; Romans 8:14)
C. Your spirit, along with your soul, borrows the use of your physical body to complete your life’s assignment; Satan borrows the use of your physical body by the same spirit and soul to contaminate your life’s assignment.
D. God’s has a vision for every individual’s life; and your success begins at the place of your vision.
E. Before you can release your faith, you must know your assignment from God.
F. Everything you are supposed to have in life compliments who you are supposed to be and what you are supposed to be doing.
G. Your assignment or vision controls your decisions: who you will date, marry; your children; where you live and even whose car you will ride.
A. Jeremiah 1:5-10
1. Saying the wrong thing (words) prolongs the vision of God.
B. St. Mark 11:12-14, 20-23
1. Developed faith has no limitations.
2. The fig tree and the mountain represent any malfunctioning situations in your life; you are to treat those situations just like Jesus by speaking to them.
A. Hebrews 11 is about ordinary people who obtained extraordinary lifestyles through the usage of their faith.
B. Beginning with God, Hebrews 11 also speaks about Cain and Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abram and Sara, Jacob, Joseph, Moses’ parents, Moses, and Rahab, the harlot.
C. Hebrews 11 is incomplete: what can your faith produce?
D. Hebrews 11:32 boasts about Gideon, another ordinary individual whose life was transformed by a Word from God and the usage of his faith.
1. Gideon was hiding in a winepress from the Midianites, working on a dead-end job threshing wheat when God appears to him and calls him a mighty man of valor. (Reference scriptures – Judges 6:11-12)
2. After a series of interactions with God, Gideon defeats the Midianites with only 300 men. (Reference scriptures – Judges 6 & 7)
I. Eight steps to exercising extraordinary faith (Steps 1-5)
A. Find the promise in the word of God that entitles you to God’s best. The Word releases God’s power for supernatural results.
1. Jeremiah 1:12 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 12Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it. The Amplified Bible 12Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.
a. God watches over what you say according to His word.
B. Make the final choice to believe the word of God regardless; this will insulate you from alternate paths.
1. To believe is to accept the word of god as true regardless of sense realm evidence.
2. St. Matthew 14:22-32 [Emphasis verses 28-32] 28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
a. The word of God [And he said, Come] gives Peter an extraordinary experience – walking on water. (verse 29)
b. Peter has short bursts of faith or doubt when he looked at the circumstances. (verse 30)
c. Jesus had enough faith to negotiate His trek on the water as well as Peter’s. (verses 31-32)
d. The water could not immediately overtake Peter because of the power of the Word. In other words, “beginning to sink” implies that Peter had enough time to correct his faith. (verse 30, The Amplified Bible)
3. Proverbs 14:12
4. Proverbs 16:25
C. Daily sow the word of God in your heart.
1. Romans 10:17
a. Faith comes daily if you are hearing the Word on a daily basis.
D. Keep your thoughts in line with the things that God has promised.
1. Psalm 1
a. You bring your thoughts in line by meditation.
E. Release your faith by speaking the Word.
1. St. Matthew 8:8
a. You cannot speak the Word if there is not a reservoir of the Word in you on the subject you are challenged with by Satan.
©2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.