Grace is …free favor; mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
“Grace for God’s Best” I
(Introduction – Defining Grace)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
11Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness – Psalm 65:11
Defining the Year 2010 from Scriptural Numerics
a. Twenty in the Bible is the number of redemption – to return us to the place of original intent before Adam’s destruction.
b. The millennium of 2000 is the millennium of redemption.
c. The number 10 in the Bible has a dual theme of (1) law and (2) responsibility.
(1) Law is what God has said.
(2) Responsibility is my part in what God has said.
d. In the 10th year of the 2000th millennium (2010), we will see God returning us to His original intent and purpose as we embrace His laws and assume our responsibility to know, adhere and obey.
A. St. John 1:17 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
The Amplified Bible 17For while the Law was given through Moses, grace ([a]unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.
1. God has established a covenant with His people that He will pour out His undeserved favor.
B. Romans 5:1-2 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
1. Through grace we can experience what God has planned for us beyond that which we can perceive by the 5 physical senses.
· God’s plan for His People
a. Ephesians 3:20 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
The Amplified Bible 20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
1. The power that worketh in us is our faith.
2. God’s plan is to move us beyond what we can construct in our imagination. In other words, God can afford you. If you can dream it, He can do it.
C. II Peter 1:1-2 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
The Amplified Bible 1SIMON PETER, a servant and apostle (special messenger) of Jesus Christ, to those who have received (obtained an equal privilege of) like precious faith with ourselves in and through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2May grace (God’s favor) and peace (which is [a]perfect well-being, all necessary good, all spiritual prosperity, and [b]freedom from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts) be multiplied to you in [the full, personal, [c]precise, and correct] knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
1. Grace and peace can be multiplied.
2. Multiplied grace will take you into new dimensions as you grow and mature in Christ.
3. Multiplied grace comes by a precise personal knowledge of God.
D. II Corinthians 12:9 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
1. God’s grace is sufficient to overcome and gain the mastery over all life’s issues.
A. Grace is …free favor; mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats;
B. Examples of supernatural feats in the scriptures:
– Romans 15:44For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF THE GRACE OF GOD
1. The crossing of the Red Sea by the children of Israel
2. David’s defeat of Goliath
3. The miracle of the two fish and five loaves feeding 5000+
4. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego graced in the fiery furnace
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.