Grace of life is the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Grace for God’s Best II
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
FAVORED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
11Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness. – Psalm 65:11
11You crown the year with Your bounty and goodness, and the tracks of Your [chariot wheels] drip with fatness.-Psalm 65:11, The Amplified Bible
(This scripture renews itself every year)
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Free favor; *mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats; to benefit; to enhance; to enrich; to distinguish; to make unlike; to honor; to set off; to advantage; a special endowment for your life – (I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible); the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks
Preferential treatment; God doing for you in the supernatural realm what you cannot do for yourself in the natural realm; God raising up people to use their power, wisdom, influence and ability to help you with your life’s assignment
A security code; admittance; entry; entrance; permission to enter; the right of entry; the right to enter; passage; a road; a route; a course
Faith in God means that God is the supreme power of the universe;
Faith of God means to use your faith like God uses His faith; the faith of God is expressed by saying; my saying what the Word of God says about my situation
Nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing broken, nothing needed, nothing wanted; shalom (Hebrew) a position now where the ability of God has settled all issues
*Examples of supernatural feats in the Bible where the grace of God is demonstrated
– Romans 15:44For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
1. The crossing of the Red Sea by the children of Israel
2. David triumphs over Goliath
3. The miracle of the two fish and five loaves feeding 5000+
4. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego graced in the fiery furnace
A. St. John 1:17 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
-The Amplified Bible 17For while the Law was given through Moses, grace ([a]unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.
1. The ministry of Jesus is the ministry of grace.
2. The law gives you what you deserve; grace gives you God’s best.
B. Romans 5:1-2 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
-The Amplified Bible 1THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified ([a]acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to [b]enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
1. The faith (faith of God and faith in God) that is expressed by saying – St. Mark 11:22-24.
2. Once we are born again, we have access by faith into the grace of God but you must know the access code.
3. When you understand grace, you can literally move into a state of God’s favor in your life; a state of being or position where the favor of God meets you wherever you are.
4. Access to favor can be denied based on your understanding.
5. Access to also deny you access from.
Genesis 3:17-24 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
a. When Adam had the access he was blessed; when he disobeyed he was cursed. In other words, disobedience denies access to the grace of God and you are walking into a curse.
I Peter 3:7 7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
a. Who you are connected to can also deny you access to the grace of God.
b. Grace of life is the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks.
I Corinthians 3:10 (KJV & the Amplified Bible) 10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
-The Amplified Bible 10According to the grace (the special endowment for my task) of God bestowed on me, like a skillful architect and master builder I laid [the] foundation, and now another [man] is building upon it. But let each [man] be careful how he builds upon it,
a. God has an assignment for your life that you cannot accomplish without His grace.
6. Grace will move you into a state of favor where you will begin to enjoy God’s best for your life.
7. We cannot experience God’s best until we understand His grace. In other words, grace moves you into God’s best.
C. Ephesians 3:20 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
The Amplified Bible 20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
1. God’s best is entered into by His grace.
D. II Corinthians 12:9 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
1. God’s grace is sufficient to overcome and gain the mastery over all life’s issues.
2. Sufficient means enough, sufficient means equal to the task.
I. GRACE MUST BE ACCESSED THROUGH FAITH
(Faith is released by the words of your mouth – St. Mark 11:22 -24 22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them).
A. Grace is an Intangible
Intangible does not mean non existent
For example, the wind cannot be seen but the effects of the wind are real
Grace can only be seen through the Word
Grace fits in an intangible realm but its effects can be seen
There is another realm that will release God’s best into our lives
1. Genesis 1:1 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
a. In the beginning God created two realms: (1) intangible heaven and (2) tangible earth.
2. Colossians 1:16 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
3. II Corinthians 4:18 18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
4. Hebrews 11:3 3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
a. God took intangible (words) to make the tangible (world).
b. The desire of God is to impact the natural with the supernatural.
5. St. Matthew 13:19 19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
a. Understanding cannot be stolen.
6. I Corinthians 2:14 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
a. Grace can only be spiritually discerned because it’s in the spiritual realm.
7. I Corinthians 2:9-10 9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
a. Jacob had the grace of God on his life.
(C) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.