I have access into the spiritual realm because I am a spiritual being.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Grace for God’s Best IV
(Spirit Beings Access Things of the Spirit)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
*Glossary Terms for this Series
Free favor; *mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats
*Examples of supernatural feats in the Bible where the grace of God is demonstrated
– Romans 15:44For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
1. The crossing of the Red Sea by the children of Israel
2. David triumphs over Goliath
3. The miracle of the two fish and five loaves feeding 5000+
4. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego graced in the fiery furnace
to benefit; to enhance; to enrich; to distinguish with honor; to make unlike; to honor; to set off; to advantage; a special endowment for your task – (I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible); the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks
Preferential treatment; God doing for you in the supernatural realm what you cannot do for yourself in the natural realm; God raising up people to use their power, wisdom, influence and ability to help you with your life’s assignment
Admittance; entry; entrance; permission to enter; the right of entry; the right to enter; passage; a road; a route; a course; the door to God’s system of grace; Grace is accessed by principle and partnership
Faith in God is believing that He is; God is the supreme power of the universe; faith of God means to use your faith like God uses His faith; the faith of God is expressed by saying; my saying what the Word of God says about my situation; faith is that which transforms conditions, circumstances and situations in your life
Nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing broken, nothing needed, nothing wanted; shalom (Hebrew) a position now where the ability of God has settled all issues
Rule, dominate, control, govern, run the show, to be on top (grace puts the believer on top)
To set aside, disesteem, to neutralize or violate, cast off, despised, disannul, to bring to naught or reject
NEW DEFINITION OF GRACE
The Word of God working in this realm as it works in the heavenly realm; as seen in St. Matthew 6:10 10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.; In other words, grace empowers us to operate in earth just as God operates in heaven; while on the earth you have a supernatural equipping called grace that gives you the advantage in life
FOUNDATIONAL TEXTS & APPLICATIONS
A. St. John 1:17 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
-The Amplified Bible 17For while the Law was given through Moses, grace ([a]unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.
1. For New Testament believers, we live under the covenant of grace.
B. Romans 5:1-2 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
-The Amplified Bible 1THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified ([a]acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to [b]enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
1. The phrase ‘hope of the glory of God’ in verse 2 means to have and experience God’s best in life.
2. Grace is accessed by principle and partnership: (1) principle is an understanding of what grace is and (2) partnership is to know how to access grace by your participation with it.
• Practical example: A toy bank represents the heavenly realm; inside the bank are heavenly things – grace being one of those heavenly things; as owner of the toy bank, your access code gives you admittance to the content; being born again gives us access to the bank but not its contents; our knowledge or understanding of how the access code works gives us the right to enter the bank at anytime and tap into the grace of God
3. Grace is not a struggle. Most people have been conditioned to believe if they struggle to make God like them, then God will do them a favor. God already loves you; grace takes the struggle out of you trying to gain the favor of God.
I. ACCESSING GRACE IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM
A. Grace is a spiritual intangible.
– Ephesians 1:3 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
1. Grace is like the wind; you cannot see the wind but you can see the effects of the wind.
2. Grace is one of those spiritual intangibles that reside in the heavenly realm.
B. I have access into the spiritual realm because I am a spiritual being.
– I Thessalonians 5:23 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1. We are spiritual beings.
2. God has created a place for spiritual beings to access spiritual things.
C. I must understand how to access spiritual things (spirit interacts with Spirit; natural interacts with natural)
– I Corinthians 12:1 1Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
1. Concerning spiritual matters, God wants us to know how spiritual things operate.
2. Grace is in the spiritual realm and we must understand how to access it in the realm of the spirit.
• Grace brings you to a state in life where you no longer live by what you have or know.
• Grace allows you to function at a higher level in life.
D. The Word of God is the spiritual access point.
– St. John 6:63 63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
1. The access code is the Word; the Word of God coming out of my mouth gives me access to grace (St. Mark 11:22-24 & St. Matthew 4: 1-11)
2. The Word goes into the spirit realm and gives you life.
3. To every problem or mountain in your life you speak the Word – Zechariah 4:7 7Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
4. When you tap into the realm of the spirit with the Word, that Word brings grace over into life.
E. Access into grace overrides the natural.
– Romans 4:16-21 16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, 17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 18Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.19And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: 20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
1. In the spiritual realm, God had already done something about Abraham’s barrenness.
2. Weak faith will always consider the circumstances.
3. Grace causes you to experience full persuasion before you see anything.
4. The release that God gives in life that can transition realms is the speaking of the Word of God.
• The Word is heaven’s currency (Proverbs 23:23; St. John 17:17); and you can conduct business in that realm based on the Word that you know and speak.
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.