Do not allow people entrance into your life that frustrate your grace.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Grace for God’s Best in Relationships I
(Relationships which Frustrate)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
A. The objective of God in relationships is to match levels of grace.
B. There is a special grace or endowment that can come on your life for all types of relationships: male/female, interpersonal, business, parenting and marital, employee and employer.
C. The enemy attempts to frustrate your grace by introducing and connecting you to the wrong people; this is method the enemy uses to remove the grace from your life.
D. Frustrated grace is the true definition of an unequal yoke. Therefore, you should only interact or engage in relationships that are equal to or on par with your grace.
E. The ability to gauge the level of grace proficiency of others is the key to success in any relationship.
*GLOSSARY TERMS FOR THIS SERIES
Free favor; mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats
to benefit; to enhance; to enrich; to distinguish with honor; to make unlike; to honor; to set off; to advantage another; a special endowment for your task/life – (I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible); the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks
Preferential treatment; God doing for you in the supernatural realm what you cannot do for yourself in the natural realm; God raising up people to use their power, wisdom, influence and ability to help you with your life’s assignment
Operates much like a security code that gives entry into a thing own; admittance; entry; entrance; permission to enter; the right of entry; the right to enter; passage; a road; a route; a course; the door to God’s system of grace; Grace is accessed by principle and partnership; access into the spiritual realm – Colossians 1:16
Faith in God is believing that He is; God is the supreme power of the universe; faith of God means to use your faith like God uses His faith; the faith of God is expressed by saying; my saying what the Word of God says about my situation; faith is that which transforms conditions, circumstances and situations in your life
Nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing broken, nothing needed, nothing wanted; shalom (Hebrew) a position now where the ability of God has settled all issues
Rule, dominate, control, govern, run the show, to be on top (grace puts the believer on top)
To set aside, to disesteem, to neutralize or violate, to cast off, despised, disannul, to bring to naught or reject
FOUNDATIONAL TEXTS & APPLICATIONS
A. St. John 1:17 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
-The Amplified Bible 17For while the Law was given through Moses, grace ([a]unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.
1. The ministry of Moses represents the Old Testament which ushered in the Law.
2. The ministry of Jesus represents the New Testament which ushered in grace and truth.
*THE MANY SIDES OF GOD’S GRACE*
1. I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible 10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
a. Grace is a special endowment for your task given you by God.
2. I Peter 4:10 10As each of you has received a gift (a particular spiritual talent, a gracious divine endowment), employ it for one another as [befits] good trustees of God’s many-sided grace [faithful stewards of the [a]extremely diverse powers and gifts granted to Christians by unmerited favor].
a. There is a grace to meet every demand of human life.
3. II Peter 1:1-21Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
a. Grace can be multiplied to meet you where you are now.
B. Romans 5:1-2 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
-The Amplified Bible 1THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified ([a]acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to [b]enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
a. In verse 2, in hope of receiving God’s absolute best in life.
C. Ephesians 3:20 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
-The Amplified Bible 20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
1. You can only experience God’s best in your life through grace.
I. The Grace of God Can Be Frustrated
A. Galatians 2:21 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
1. Abraham was disgraced by Lot.
B. Four Types of Relationships to Avoid Frustrating the Grace of God
1. Those who do not accept your assignment or commitment to God.
a. These people are characterized by a lack prayer, fasting and the studying of the Word. They look at your outward appearance – I Samuel 16:9.
2. Those that have little respect for your assignment or commitment to God.
a. They will go through no inconvenience or discomforts to support you.
b. Never give audience to those that do not respect your commitment or assignment.
3. Those that will not protect your assignment or commitment.
a. This is evidence by those who you will allow to see your human flaws but they will not protect what they have seen.
b. David protected Saul
4. Those who do not expect you to fulfill your life’s assignment.
a. Eliab did not have confidence in David’s ability in I Samuel 17:28
II. The Grace of Life
A. I Peter 3:7 7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
1. Any relationship can frustrate the grace of God. In other words, the relationship will impact the grace of life as you interact and transact business.
2. The grace of life is an anointing of speed.
3. When grace is matched in relationships, there is an anointing of speed (the anointing to accomplish task speedily).
B. Other Reference Points
1. The benefit of partnerships – Ecclesiastes 4:9 9Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
C. The first relationship was that of Adam and Eve in Genesis 1
1. The grace was a covering of God for the couple.
2. Eve questions the Word of God after talking with the enemy.
3. The enemy lifted the grace from Adam through Eve.
4. The enemy’s objective is to get one disgraced person in your life to lift the grace off your life.
5. After Adam’s fall from grace, it takes God from Genesis 3 to Revelation 22 to get us back into His perfect will.
6. Don’t try to make the grace work, let it work; you become blind when your grace is frustrated.
7. Do not allow people entrance into your life that frustrate your grace.
8. Grace will make you fit for the task.
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.