Satan Gains Access to Believers by Relationships
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Grace for God’s Best in Relationships II
(Relationships Gone Bad)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
•Everything God will do in our lives is born out of relationships.
•Everything the enemy wants to do to destroy you he does it through the context of wrong relationships. In other words, the tool by which Satan destroys is wrong people.
*GLOSSARY TERMS FOR THIS SERIES
Free favor; mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats
to benefit; to enhance; to enrich; to distinguish with honor; to make unlike; to honor; to set off; to advantage another; a special endowment for your task/life – (I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible); the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks
Preferential treatment; God doing for you in the supernatural realm what you cannot do for yourself in the natural realm; God raising up people to use their power, wisdom, influence and ability to help you with your life’s assignment
Operates much like a security code that gives entry into a thing own so that it is not accessible to the enemy; admittance; entry; entrance; permission to enter; the right of entry; the right to enter; passage; a road; a route; a course; the door to God’s system of grace; Grace is accessed by principle and partnership; access into the spiritual realm – Colossians 1:16
Faith in God is believing that He is – Hebrews 11:6; God is the supreme power of the universe; faith of God means to use your faith like God uses His faith; the faith of God is expressed by saying; my saying what the Word of God says about my situation – St. Mark 11:22-23; faith is that which transforms conditions, circumstances and situations in your life
Nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing broken, nothing needed, nothing wanted; shalom (Hebrew) a position now where the ability of God has settled all issues
Rule, dominate, control, govern, run the show, to be on top (grace puts the believer on top)
To set aside, to disesteem, to neutralize or violate, to cast off, despised, disannul, to bring to naught or reject
The Word of God is truth – St. John 17:17
FOUNDATIONAL TEXTS & APPLICATIONS
A. St. John 1:17 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
-The Amplified Bible 17For while the Law was given through Moses, grace ([a]unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.
1. The Jesus ministry is emphasized by grace and truth or the Word – St. John 17:17 17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
2. We connect to grace by the Word of God.
B. Romans 5:1-2 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
-The Amplified Bible 1THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified ([a]acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to [b]enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
1. When we accept Jesus as Lord we obtain peace from God. You cannot walk in God’s best until you understand you have His peace.
2. Romans 5:2 – in the hope of receiving God’s best for our lives.
C. Ephesians 3:20 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
-The Amplified Bible 20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
1. There is a grace to accomplish your life’s assignment – I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible 10According to the grace (the special endowment for my task) of God bestowed on me, like a skillful architect and master builder I laid [the] foundation, and now another [man] is building upon it. But let each [man] be careful how he builds upon it,
2. Grace gives us access to God’s best.
The Word of God Gives Us Access to the Grace of God
I Corinthians 1:3 3Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Daniel 10:8-128Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength. 9Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground. 10And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. 11And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. 12Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
St. Matthew 4:3-4 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
St. Matthew 8:15-16 15And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them. 16When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
St. Matthew 16:19, The Amplified Bible 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth [f]must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth [g]must be what is already loosed in heaven.(A)
Hebrews 3:11Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
Hebrews 4:14 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession
Profession is synonymous with confession.
I. RELATIONSHIPS GONE BAD
A. Grace Can be Frustrated
1. Galatians 2:21 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
2. I Corinthians 1:3 3Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
a. The grace given you after salvation, which is necessary to perform your life’s assignment, can be frustrated by relationships gone bad.
B. Satan Gains Access to Believers by Relationships
1. II Corinthians 11:3 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
a. Satan uses relationships to corrupt you from the simplicity of the message of faith. In other words, Satan introduces the wrong people in your life to move you from the Word.
b. You know you are in the wrong relationship when you are moved from the simplicity of the Word.
c. The objective of Satan is to move you from the simplicity of Jesus Christ.
C. Identifying Grace Frustrators
1. Galatians 3:1 1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
a. Bewitches’ job is to move you from the truth.
2. Galatians 5:7 7Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
a. You can reactivate the grace when you find the who, the bewitch.
D. Grace Frustrators are Strange (move you from the simplicity of the Word)
1. I Kings 11:1-3 1But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites: 2Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. 3And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
2. Proverbs 22:14 14The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
3. Proverbs 23:33 33Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
a. Strange is seen in ideas, thoughts and concepts not just woman.
b. The strange voice will continue to move you from the Word until it agrees with you.
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.