Confidence will come when you understand your destiny.
Tuesday & Wednesday, February 16 & 17, 2010
Faith for Completing Your Life’s Assignment III
(Discovering the “Pre” Prepared Plan)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
A. Jeremiah 1:5-10 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. 9Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
1. God knows us in the spirit realm.
2. Man is three fold in his nature: spirit, mind and body; we are spiritual creatures living out a fleshy existence.
– I Thessalonians 5:23 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
B. Acts 10:34 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
The Amplified Bible 34And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,
1. If God has a preordained plan for Jeremiah, He has a preordained plan for the believer.
C. St. Mark 11:22 22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
1. Simply because God has a plan for your life does not mean the plan will come to fruition.
2. The vision God has for your life will only come to pass by faith.
– Galatians 3:13-14 13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
-An appointment, a placement, a putting, a specific place, a position, a spot, your exact location, a place, a fixation, a planting, an installation, to narrow down, to put one’s finger on.
A. Destiny is a term that refers to the ultimate end or outcome of a person’s life.
•Destiny is a preordered, preordained supernatural track that extends the full course of a person’s life (the moment you were saved you stepped on the track of destiny).
•This destiny is based on the final destination for a life that comes as a result of either the pursuit or rejection of the plan devised by our maker.
•This destiny includes the person who is meant to involve their posterity in a specific component of the life and plan of God (God has a plan for you and your off springs).
•Destiny’s success can also be connected to the training, equipping, skills or tutelage; the individual must identify, acquire and refine to excel in what they are intended or born to do.
•This destiny exceeds a hobby or hobbies by being the only solace, gratification, fulfillment or enthusiasm a person receives for anything.
•Destiny usually evidences itself, in not only what a person enjoys and excels in, but more importantly what they thrive in doing (for example a fish is assigned to a specific type of water).
•Every person on the planet has an appointed destiny which their godly choices are designed to cause them to live up to and fulfill.
B. Evidence of a God-given Destiny
– Isaiah 46:9-12 9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
1. God is unique because He declares the end from the beginning.
2. It is not the plan of God that you experience evil but peace; God will show you how to bypass evil to bring you to your expected end.
– Jeremiah 29:1111For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
3. God is looking at the script of your life and knows when you are about to make a misstep (the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord – Psalm 37:23).
C. Seven Keys Proving Destiny is of God
1. God starts at the place of our success as preordained by Him (which is the end), then He introduces Himself to us by way of being born again; walks with us to the destinated place of our routed success.
2. Humankinds most common desire in life is to know the future. Knowledge of the future provides a strength and power beyond the natural realm; this knowledge creates an awareness of pitfalls, throws and setbacks.
3. Knowing the future also gives you the proper steps – Psalm 37:23.
4. Everyone in your present may not fit your future.
5. There are provisions for your life in your assigned place.
6. God know what has not yet been formed because He speaks from the end.
7. It is to our advantage to listen to and adhere to the plan of God.
D. Your destiny is a precisely, calculated, predetermined plan; and obedience is required to see your destiny unfold.
1. Ephesians 2:10 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
-The Amplified Bible 10For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
2. Ephesians 1:3-5, 11 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
a. God does not wait until we are born to bless us. He blessed us in the spirit realm then orchestrated a divine plan for us to walk blessed in life – Ephesians 1:3.
The foreknowledge of God as it relates to who would make which choices; then He makes definite plans in advance (based on His foreknowledge) for this life and the life to come.
E. Destiny Measured Beforehand
1. II Corinthians 10:13 13But we will not boast of things without [beyond] our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
a. Your life, your destiny has been measured out by God.
b. This takes into consideration every mistake, every surprise or misfit (when you are obeying God, it has already been measured out).
2. Romans 12:3 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
a. God dealt to every man a measure of faith before you were formed in the womb.
F. Two Sides to Destiny Unfolding
1. The device for seeing into the spirit realm is God’s Word.
– Colossians 1:16 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
– Genesis 1:1 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
a. In either of these two realms, heaven and earth, is everything necessary for you to complete your life’s assignment.
b. There is no need that exists in your life for which God does not have total supply.
c. Your destiny was determined before hand; the objective now is to receive and obey the Word of God to see the destiny unfold.
2. The two sides to your destiny unfolding
a. Man was made in the image and likeness of God.
– Genesis 1:26-28 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
b. Man was brought into the visible realm
– Genesis 2:7 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
1. In Genesis 1:26-28, man was made in the invisible realm; in Genesis 2:7, God breathes life into what He spoke in Genesis 1, forming man in the visible realm.
2. Your destiny unfolds the same way. Your faith filled words impact your vision in the invisible realm and will manifest as you obey God.
G. Additional Vocabulary Words to Support the Evidence of a Preplanned Life’s Assignment
1. Purpose – exactly that which is supposed to be completed while traveling on the track of destiny.
2. Accountability – sensitivity to the needs of others God has ordained me to fulfill as I travel on this life’s track. Just as He has ordained me to fill their needs, I must be accountable or sensitive because He has ordained people to meet my needs.
3. A dream – God borrowing your imagination; the ability to “see” what could be if I yield to the plan of God for my life (For example: Ezekiel 37 – valley of the dry bones).
4. Vision – the plan of God to bring the dream to pass.
5. A calling – my responsibility or role to fulfill the destiny of God for my life (what it is I must do or in other words, finding my verb or my action)
•Examples of finding your verb or action word
1. Jonah’s verb was to “go” to Ninevah
2. Peter’s verb was to “come” to Jesus
Water will become concrete under your feet when you understand destiny – St. Matthew 14:28-29 28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
Your destiny is on your verb. Your calling is to find your verb.
A sentence is not complete until you add a verb, until then it is only a fragment.
The things come when you seek your destiny – St. Matthew 6:33 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Confidence will come when you understand your destiny.
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.