There are five types of People/Relationships to avoid to complete the will of God for your life.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Grace for God’s Best in Relationships III
(Frustrating the Grace of Life)
*GLOSSARY TERMS FOR THIS SERIES
Free favor; mercy from God demonstrated in the lives of believers to accomplish supernatural feats
to benefit; to enhance; to enrich; to distinguish with honor; to make unlike; to honor; to set off; to advantage another; a special endowment for your task/life – (I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible); the ability to supernaturally accomplish tasks
Preferential treatment; God doing for you in the supernatural realm what you cannot do for yourself in the natural realm; God raising up people to use their power, wisdom, influence and ability to help you with your life’s assignment
Operates much like a security code that gives entry into a thing own so that it is not accessible to the enemy; admittance; entry; entrance; permission to enter; the right of entry; the right to enter; passage; a road; a route; a course; the door to God’s system of grace; Grace is accessed by principle and partnership; access into the spiritual realm – Colossians 1:16
Faith in God is believing that He is – Hebrews 11:6; God is the supreme power of the universe; faith of God means to use your faith like God uses His faith; the faith of God is expressed by saying; my saying what the Word of God says about my situation – St. Mark 11:22-23; faith is that which transforms conditions, circumstances and situations in your life
Nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing broken, nothing needed, nothing wanted; shalom (Hebrew) a position now where the ability of God has settled all issues
Rule, dominate, control, govern, run the show, to be on top (grace puts the believer on top)
To set aside, to disesteem, to neutralize or violate, to cast off, despised, disannul, to bring to naught or reject
The Word of God is truth – St. John 17:17
FOUNDATIONAL TEXTS & APPLICATIONS
A. St. John 1:17 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
-The Amplified Bible 17For while the Law was given through Moses, grace ([a]unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.
1. In the Ministry of Jesus is grace and truth.
2. The Word of God is absolute truth – St. John 17:17 17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
B. Romans 5:1-2 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
-The Amplified Bible 1THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified ([a]acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to [b]enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
C. Ephesians 3:20 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
– The Amplified Bible 20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
1. There is a grace to perform the task God has called you to do – I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible 10According to the grace (the special endowment for my task) of God bestowed on me, like a skillful architect and master builder I laid [the] foundation, and now another [man] is building upon it. But let each [man] be careful how he builds upon it,
2. St. Luke 4: 16-19 16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
St. Luke 4:19, The Amplified Bible 19To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day [b]when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound.(B)
a. God is favoring you when your grace is working.
b. We are in an era where God wants to favor your life.
D. Grace Functions Like Peace
1. The grace of God functions like the peace of God in my heart.
– Colossians 3:15 (The KJV & The Amplified Bible) 15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
The Amplified Bible 15And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ’s] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].
a. Grace is like an umpire; when something is disgraceful your grace monitor will register or rule.
b. Your grace will rule on anything that shows up as an issue in your life.
c. Paul’s grace was functioning in Acts 27:1-10.
d. Properly functioning grace will leave you in a peaceful state.
– I John 2:20 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
The Amplified Bible 20But you have been anointed by [you hold a sacred appointment from, you have been given an unction from] the Holy One, and you all know [the Truth] or you know all things.
a. When grace is functioning you will know everything.
b. Grace will expose someone before they have an opportunity to harm you – St. Luke 10:19 19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
c. We experience hurt when we override grace functioning.
E. Frustrating the Grace of Life
1. Galatians 2:21 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
-Frustrating the grace of God is a decision when you override the umpire of peace.
2. I Peter 3:7 7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
-In any relationship, frustrated grace can delay the answers to prayers.
3. Our objective is to partner with someone who can help us shoulder the load in life so that we can accomplish life.
4. When you frustrate the grace, you also frustrate your provisions.
5. Samson’s grace was hindered by the wrong woman.
6. II Corinthians 11:3 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
7. You know your grace is being frustrated when someone is moving you from the simplicity of Christ.
8. The objective of the enemy is to place people in your life to move you from the simple things in the Word; for example, the paying of tithes and the giving of offerings, church attendance, walking in love.
THIS IS HOW YOU KNOW!
A. Five Types of People/Relationships to Avoid to Complete the Will of God for Your Life
1. Weighty or distracting relationships or people (those relationships which rob God of your attention, time, talents, dedication, witness, etc.)
– Hebrews 12:1-2 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
2. Relationships which are not connected with where and what God has told you to do or your assignment.
– II Timothy 2:4 4No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
3. Those that do not study, focus or concentrate on their God-given mandates.
– II Timothy 2:15 15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
4. Those that do not have a correct link to the Father as evident by their lifestyles.
– II Timothy 2:16-18, 23 16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 23But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
5. Any relationship that interferes with your obsession for the vision/assignment God has given you.
– II Thessalonians 3:14 14And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.