Humankinds most common desire in life is to know the future.
TUESDAY IN THE TRUTH
February 23, 2010
Faith for Completing Your Life’s Assignment IV
(Evidence of God-Given Destiny)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
A. St. Mark 11:22-23 22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
• DISTINCTION: Faith is a matter of me speaking. In other words, faith is me speaking to the mountain the Word of God, not me praying to God to move the mountain.
-Parallel Passage: St. Matthew 21:19-2119And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. 20And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! 21Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
a) The disciples marveled at Jesus as if he was doing something they could not do – verse 20.
b) Jesus explains to the disciples that they can do the same and more if they will use their faith – verse 21.
c) Jesus shows us what is possible, not just for God but for us.
B. Jeremiah 1:5-10 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. 9Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
C. Acts 10:34 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
The Amplified Bible 34And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,
A. Assignment Defined…
-An appointment, a placement, a putting, a specific place, a position, a spot, your exact location, a place, a fixation, a planting, an installation, to narrow down, to put one’s finger on.
B. Destiny Defined…
– Destiny is a term that refers to the ultimate end or outcome of a person’s life.
• Destiny is a preordered, preordained supernatural track that extends the full course of a person’s life (the moment you were saved you stepped on the track of destiny).
• This destiny is based on the final destination for a life that comes as a result of either the pursuit or rejection of the plan devised by our maker.
• This destiny includes the person who is meant to involve their posterity in a specific component of the life and plan of God (God has a plan for you and your off springs).
• Destiny’s success can also be connected to the training, equipping, skills or tutelage (who is your spiritual mentor); the individual must identify, acquire and refine to excel in what they are intended or born to do.
• This destiny exceeds a hobby or hobbies by being the only solace, gratification, fulfillment or enthusiasm a person receives for anything.
• Destiny usually evidences itself, in not only what a person enjoys and excels in, but more importantly what they thrive in doing (for example a fish is assigned to a specific type of water).
• Every person on the planet has an appointed destiny which their godly choices are designed to cause them to live up to and fulfill.
C. Five Words to Help Understand Destiny
1. Purpose – exactly that which is supposed to be completed while traveling on the track of destiny.
2. Accountability – my sensitivity to the needs of others God has ordained me to fulfill as I travel on this life’s track. Just as He has ordained me to fill their needs, I must be accountable or sensitive because He has ordained people to meet my needs.
3. A dream – God borrowing your imagination; the ability to “see” what could be if I yield to the plan of God for my life (For example: Ezekiel 37 – valley of the dry bones).
4. Vision – the plan of God to bring the dream to pass; vision moves me progressively along the path of destiny (Proverbs 29:18)
5. A calling – my responsibility or role to fulfill the destiny of God for my life (what it is I must do or in other words, finding my verb or my action)
• Examples of finding your verb or action word
1. Jonah’s verb was to “go” to Nineveh
• A noun needs a verb in order to move a sentence into action.
• A sentence is not complete until you add a verb, until then it is only a fragment.
D. Evidence of God-Given Destiny
A. Isaiah 46:9-12 9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
1. Things not yet done or manifested in verse 10 is to be seen like a cake not yet done in the oven
2. There are no failures in God when you are on destiny’s track.
3. God already knows what you will do; when you understand this fact you walk in life with a different grace on your life.
B. Six Keys Destiny is of God (from Isaiah 46:9-12)
1. God starts at the place of our success as preordained by Him (which is the end), then He introduces Himself to us by way of being born again; walks with us to the destinated place of our routed success – Hebrews 13:5 (KJV & The Amplified Bible)5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
The Amplified Bible for He [God] [b]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!](A)
2. Humankinds most common desire in life is to know the future. Knowledge of the future provides a strength and power beyond the natural realm; this knowledge creates an awareness of pitfalls, satanic attacks and deceptions. Some pitfalls that you endure develop character.
3. Knowing the future also gives you the proper steps – Psalm 37:23.
4. Everyone in your present may not fit your future.
5. There are provisions for your life in your assigned place.
6. God know what has not yet been formed because He speaks from the end.
E. God Before Ordained Your Destiny
1. Ephesians 2:10 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
The Amplified Bible 10For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
a. When you take the path prepared by God, there is a good life awaiting you.
b. God has an open door that will give you the advantage.
(c)2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.