Humankind’s most common desire in life is to know the future.
WEDNESDAY IN THE WORD
February 24, 2010
Faith for Completing Your Life’s Assignment IV
(The Order of God is Established)
Pastor George M. Matthews, II
A. Jeremiah 1:5-10 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. 9Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
1. We were known of God before we were formed in the womb. In other words, God knows us because He is the Father of spirits. – Hebrews 12:99Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
B. Acts 10:34 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
The Amplified Bible 34And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,
1. If God has a preordained plan for Jeremiah, He has a preordained plan for the believer.
C. St. Mark 11:22-23 22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
• DISTINCTION: Faith is a matter of me speaking. In other words, faith is me speaking to the mountain the Word of God, not me praying to God to move the mountain.
– Parallel Passage: St. Matthew 21:19-2119And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. 20And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! 21Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
a) The disciples marveled at Jesus as if he was doing something they could not do – verse 20.
b) Jesus explains to the disciples that they can do the same and more if they will use their faith – verse 21.
A. Assignment defined…an appointment, a placement, a putting, a specific place, a position, a spot, your exact location, a place, a fixation, a planting, an installation, to narrow down, to put one’s finger on.
B. Destiny defined…destiny is a term that refers to the ultimate end or outcome of a person’s life.
C. Predestination defined…the foreknowledge of God as it relates to who would make which choices; then He makes definite plans in advance (based on His foreknowledge) for this life and the life to come.
A. Destiny is a Precisely, Calculated, Predetermined Plan of God
1. Ephesians 2:10, The Amplified Bible 10For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
a) Our provisions were pre-prepared, prearranged in the spirit realm.
b) A lack of provision is a lack of knowledge of your assignment (you get the assignment and the provision will come with the assignment like wet come with water).
c) Daily provisions comes if you are on your assignment daily (St. Matthew 6:11).
d) The further you go in walking out your assignment, the more the provisions are looking for you (James 5:1-6).
2. II Corinthians 10:13, The Amplified Bible 13We, on the other hand, will not boast beyond our legitimate province and proper limit, but will keep within the limits [of our commission which] God has allotted us as our measuring line and which reaches and includes even you.
a) We each have a commission given by God.
b) In the spiritual realm, God has already measured everything you will need for your journey, your life’s assignment.
3. Romans 12:3 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
a) God dealt to every man a measure of faith in the spirit realm.
b) You have the faith necessary to complete your life’s assignment.
4. Ephesians 1:3-5, 11 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
I. Understanding the Order of God
(Understanding the order of God begins with a knowledge of your assignment; understanding your provisions are in your assigned place; understanding your role is to speak the Word of God and stay in faith until manifestation)
A. The knowledge of God finishing my life causes me to enter into a position of rest.
1. Hebrews 4:3 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
2. Hebrews 4:4 4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
a) God rested from everything He created in both realms – earth and heaven. He rested from creating everything we will ever need to complete our life’s assignment.
b) Everything you will ever need has already been created (it’s done); we must use our faith to release it into the natural realm.
c) God is not moved by the economy and neither should we.
B. God is still in His rest.
1. Genesis 2:3 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
C. A way of escape has been created from every trial while we are on assignment.
1. I Corinthians 10:1313There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
D. You must speak to create.
1. Genesis 1:26-28 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
2. Genesis 2:7 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
a) The spiritual principle illustrated in these two passages is that of we must speak the Word to create in the natural realm. In other words, you create in the spiritual realm first by speaking; manifestation into the natural realm occurs as you develop your faith.
b) This is expressed order of God.
c) The provisions are traveling from the spiritual realm to the natural realm; we must remain in rest through the process.
d) Everything you will ever need is within your reach when you stay on the track of destiny.
II. Key Terms to Understanding the Order of God
The process by which God designs all that He wants and all that is needed for humankind’s dominance in the earth realm.
a) Unexpected resources come when you are in your assigned place.
b) You may need to put blinders on to stay focus on your assignment. Blinders keep you from turning to the left or the right.
The process by which God sets aside or distributes what was created for His people.
a) Reward is a synonym for appropriation – Hebrews 11:6 6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
The transfer of faith; delivery of what I set my faith for (plowing in hope – I Corinthians 9:10).
a) When you are not in rest, you will become frustrated and moved from faith.
(c) 2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.