Psalm 65:11 11Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
UNDERSTANDING THE GRACE OF GOD FOR ABUNDANT LIVING
Grace in Giving I
August 1, 2010
1. Grace is the free favor of God.
2. Grace is an equipping; a special ability from God; grace, in essence, is the anointing of God.
3. Grace is having God’s advantage in life.
a. A special endowment for your life’s assignment/task.
b. I Corinthians 3:10 (KJV & The Amplified Bible)
B. There are two forms of giving recognized and accepted by God:
1. Tithe – the sowing of the first tenth of all your income.
2. Offering – to make God an offer after the tithe.
a. Your tithe opens the window; your offerings determine how wide the window will open. (Malachi 3:10)
b. The tithe protects your current level of income.
c. The offering moves you into the unlimited realm.
d. Results are seen after you have followed or obeyed the process.
1. To set aside, to disesteem, to neutralize or violate, to cast off, despised, disannul, to bring to naught or reject.
2. Galatians 2:21
a. The grace of God on your money can be frustrated.
b. Grace is released upon believers by way of their giving.
D. I Peter 4:10 (The Amplified Bible)
1. There are many sides to God’s grace.
2. There is a grace that causes your money to grow.
A. The grace of God in action.
1. Jeremiah 32:17
a. By honoring the system of giving, you acknowledge there is nothing too hard for God.
2. Exodus 32:6-12 [Emphasis verse 12]
a. When the grace of God is on your life, the more your life and your money are afflicted, the more you grow.
b. Examples of the supernatural ability (nothing too hard) of God:
1. The creation in the book of Genesis 1.
2. Money in the mouth of a fish. (St. Matthew 17:27)
3. Daniel 2:31-35
a. Daniel interprets the king’s dream:
1. Four world empires or kingdoms represented: (verses 32-33)
a. Gold represents the Kingdom of Babylon.
b. Silver represents the Medes Persian Empire.
c. Brass represents the Grecian Empire.
d. Iron and clay represent the Roman Empire.
2. The stone in verse 34 that destroys the image or world’s systems in verses 32-33 is Jesus Christ.
a. In other words, the KOG system can bring down any world empire.
b. All limitations are broken by this new system.
c. Containment is blown away like the chaff because of the power of the KOG system. (verse 35)
d. The world’s system governing your money is one kingdom; salvation brings you into this new system of God.
3. Ephesians 2:19 (KJV & The Amplified Bible)
a. Your taxes pay for rights, freedoms and privileges in the world system.
b. Your tithe and offerings support the Kingdom of God system and provide benefits such as angelic protection.
c. Our tithe and offerings is the believer’s “Pledge of Allegiance”.
B. Money is to be exchanged for the grace.
(You are not buying grace, but you are exchanging what you have for who He is; you are declaring your independence from the world’s limited system)
1. Genesis 15:1-11 [Emphasis verses 7-11]
a. Do not settle for what you currently have or where you currently are, God can do more. (verse 4)
b. The spoken word performs – becomes things is the Hebrew word dabar which means that confessing over your seed or your giving will always produce something.
c. God promises Abram the most valuable resource in the earth which is land. (verse 7)
d. In order for Abram to inherit the land, God asks for an offering. (verses 8-10)
e. Jesus’ earthly ministry of three years made all things possible, hence the foreshadowing of the specificity of the offerings in verse 9.
f. Abram had to defend his offering; your offering should be impactful to such a degree that you have to fight off negative thoughts. (verse 11)
2. St. Matthew 25:14-30 [Emphasis verses 19 & 27]
a. Talents are representative of money.
b. You do not know when you will need the grace of God on your money and it is not there. In other words, grace has been lifted off your money because of a lack of participation in God’s system. (verse 19)
c. Your money is capable of gaining if properly invested or exchanged in the Kingdom.
d. Failure to participate in the system is wicked. (verse 26)
e. Participation in the system promises increase. (verse 27)
(c)2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.