MIDWEEK BIBLE STUDIES
Faith for Completing Your Life’s Assignment
Tuesday in the Truth & Wednesday in the Word
August 3 & 4, 2010
The Importance of Faith I
(The Development of Personal Faith)
“Individual Faith Is Required To Produce Personal Results”.
(Faith is required to accomplish life’s assignments)
A. Jeremiah 1:5-10
1. Success in life comes when you discover and embrace your life’s assignments.
2. Because we are spirit beings, God becomes intimate with every individual in the spirit realm and our physical body gives us permission to operate in the planet, like an astronaut’s suit in space. (Hebrews 12:9, I Thessalonians 5:23)
3. God places an emphasis on developing Jeremiah’s faith by the personal references such as “thee, I, me and my”.
4. God must move Jeremiah from observation/admiration faith to action faith.
5. Action faith develops your assignment in life – what can your faith produce?
6. Salvation or saving faith is one level of faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
7. Action faith determines your success while on the planet.
A. Moving from observation/admiration faith to action faith.
1. The development of your faith is the amount of the Word you can you speak to address your situations or mountains.
2. The development of my personal faith dictates the success of my life’s assignment.
3. This is the critical move from observation/admiration faith to action faith.
4. Observing or admiring the faith of another is good for building faith in you, however success comes when you learn how to release and direct your personal faith.
5. Individual faith is required to produce/manifest personal results.
B. Examples of differences between observation/admiration faith and action faith
1. Joshua 1:1-7
a. God gives Joshua his assignment after the death of Moses.
b. In other words, Joshua’s days of observing Moses’ faith are dead.
c. God’s days with Moses serve as an example to give Joshua’s courage to move his faith into action.
2. St. Matthew 9:27-29
a. We follow Jesus by faith not by sight.
b. Your words become things “according to your faith”. What can your faith produce?
3. St. Mark 11:20-23
a. If you can learn to develop your faith, you can have the same success ratio as God.
b. You will have in your life what you can believe for; it’s according to your faith.
A. Life’s challenges/assignments challenges must be overcome by faith.
1. I John 5:4
2. St. John 16:33 (KJV & The Amplified Bible)
a. The world promises tribulations, trials, distress and frustrations.
b. You can be of good cheer in the midst of challenging situations when you learn how to use your faith.
B. The reason for faith is to please the Kingdom agenda of God for our lives.
1. Hebrews 11:6
a. God rewards those that seek Him, diligently.
C. Faith is the force through which the correct pressure comes to produce the Kingdom assignment.
1. Philippians 3:13-14
a. Faith is a [press]-ure.
b. When things appear as if they are not coming to pass, we must keep the press or pressure of faith on and not become depressed.
D. Faith produces a continuous flow of revelation along the way as the assignment is pursued.
1. I Corinthians 2:9-10
2. St. Luke 17:12-14
a. The answers and the provisions you need are revealed in your going or obeying the instructions of Jesus.
b. Revelation is in each progressive step you make.
c. Faith is a verb, bible faith is action.
E. The purposes/agendas of God are received by faith.
1. Galatians 3:13-14
F. Abram, who is the father of faith, moved by faith toward his assignment.
1. Hebrews 11:8
a. Payment or rewards come after your faith actions.
b. The word of God and the inward voice of the Holy Spirit direct you to move like the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night that directed the children of Israel to the Promise Land.
A. Assignment defined…
1. A duty one has been appointed to perform
2. The act of putting a person in a non-elective position
3. A position of responsibility (response – able [able to make the right response])
4. A delegation, a mission, a duty, a job, a position, a post.
(c)2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.