To get the most out of being a believer, you must know God.
Getting the Most out of being a Believer V
A. It is God’s desire to bring His people into agreement with Him so that His best has a legitimate path through which transfers can be made into our lives.
B. A believer is one who accepts the Word of God versus depending on the five physical senses for the reception of information into the mind as true.
1. A believer knows what he believes
2. A believer practices what he believes
3. A believers is committed to what he believes
A. St. Mark 10:28-30 28Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. 29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, 30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
B. St. John 10:10 (KJV & The Amplified Bible) 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
The Amplified Bible 10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows).
C. I Timothy 4:15 15Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting (progression)) may appear to all
A. Synonyms for Improvement
– Betterment, bettering, changing for the better, progression, headway, advancement, upward mobility, promotion, to give furtherance, to rise, to lift, enhancements, embrace, to grow better, go forward, make strides, rapid strides, to skyrocket, make up for lost time
B. Improvement is the earmark of God
1. Genesis 1:1-3 – God improved Satan’s chaos
2. I Samuel 18:1-4 – Jonathan improved David’s life
3. St. Matthew 25:14-30 – the servant only maintained his talent instead of improving it
I. Knowing God
§ To get the most out of being a believer you must know God.
§ To know is synonymous with intimacy – in to me see – seeing into God.
§ To know someone means you can rely on them, their actions are predictable; you can calculate their actions
§ God wants us to know Him because we can predict Him through His Word.
a. Isaiah 53:5 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
b. I Peter 2:24 24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
A. Micah 6:8 8He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
B. Daniel 11:32 (KJV & The Message Bible) 32And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
The Message Bible The king of the north will play up to those who betray the holy covenant, corrupting them even further with his seductive talk, but those who stay courageously loyal to their God will take a strong stand.
C. St. John 17:3 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
§ Your response dictates whether you know God (St. Matthew 8).
D. Knowing God gives rise to the following:
A. Jesus is your righteousness:
1. The state of him who is as he ought to be
2. The condition acceptable to God
4. The correctness of thinking, acting and being
1. Job 22:21-28 21Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. 22Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. 23If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles. 24Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks. 25Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver. 26For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God. 27Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows. 28Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.
a. Good comes to those who spend time with God.
b. Spending time with God builds you up from the inside.
c. Spending time with God leads to prosperity.
d. The light of revelation – eyes opened – when you spend time with God.
2. St. Luke 12:31-32 31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. 32Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
3. Romans 14:1717For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.