Believing is required when there is no sense realm eidence to verify what you believe.
“Baptized Belief”: Transitioning Tough Times V
(Believe then See)
A. Psalm 65:11 11Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness
B. Psalm 78:40-42 40How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert! 41Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel. 42They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy.
1. You can frustrate the grace of God over your life.
2. Your actions and attitudes can limit God’s movement in your life.
3. God’s ability is not limited to the natural realm.
A. St. Mark 16:15-16 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
§ Believing gives faith action.
§ Believing is being prepared to act on the Word before any manifestation.
§ Believing the resurrection of Jesus
St. Mark 16: 1- 17 1And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. 3And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? 4And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. 5And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. 6And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 7But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. 8And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid. 9Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. 10And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept. 11And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. 12After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. 13And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. 14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
1. Stones represent issues in your life (verse 4).
2. Trembling and amazement at the Word is not the same as acting on the Word (verse 8).
3. Baptism here in verse 16 is not water baptism but having your belief system baptized.
4. Healing is a side of God’s grace. Healing must be believed.
§ I Peter 4:10 (The Amplified Bible) 10As each of you has received a gift (a particular spiritual talent, a gracious divine endowment), employ it for one another as [befits] good trustees of God’s many-sided grace [faithful stewards of the [a]extremely diverse powers and gifts granted to Christians by unmerited favor].
§ Isaiah 53:1-5 1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed. 2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
1. The report of the Word of God must be believed.
§ I Peter 2:24 24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
B. Proverbs 4:20-23 20My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
1. Keep is translated from the Hebrew word shamar which means…
– Beware, be circumspect (to pay attention to, to be cautious, to be aware), to protect your heart, to take heed to self (pay attention to you), reserve, watch (man watch your heart) – your believing heart.
2. Believing is required when there is no sense realm evidence to verify what you believe.
3. Believing is an act of your will.
§ Operating in the Possibility Realm
(When you learn how to believe according to the Word, you can operate in the same possibility realm as God)
1. St. Matthew 19:26 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
2. St. Mark 9:23 23Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
§ Example of Guarding Something God Has Given
a. Genesis 2:15-16 15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
b. Genesis 3:1-4 1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
1. Beware of other’s reports.
c. II Corinthians 8:1-7 1Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 2How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 3For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; 4Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. 5And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God. 6Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.7Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
I. BELIEVE THEN SEE
A. II Corinthians 5:77(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
1. Walking by faith means not walking by the circumstances but walking (making progress) by the Word of God.
2. As you walk by the Word of God you will be able to see or in other words, the Word of God moves you to your destination.
B. II Corinthians 4:17-18 17For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
1. Contrary situations should last only a moment based on how you believe.
2. During the time (while) the light affliction is working, you do not look at the circumstances.
3. To look at what is not seen is looking at what the Word of God says about that situation. You pay attention to the report of the Word of God not the circumstances.
4. You must know the Word of God to make progress in the thing you are believing for.
C. Psalm 27:13 13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
1. Believing precedes seeing. You act on what you believe first then you see.
2. David believed the Lord was good, acted as He was good, and then saw He was good.
D. St. John 11:39-40 39Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. 40Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
1. When your belief system is baptized, you believe first then you will see.
2. If you believe and act on that belief, then you will see the glory.
E. Hebrews 11:27 27By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
1. Moses endured because he saw into the invisible realm.
2. God has nothing to manifest in until you act.