Psalm 65:11 Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
UNDERSTANDING THE GRACE OF GOD FOR ABUNDANT LIVING
September 26, 2010
Frustrating “Take Over” Grace II
(Tidbits on Tithing -B)
There is a financial grace that gives you an anointing to “take over”.
A. I Peter 4:10, The Amplified Bible
1. The grace of God has many sides because our lives have many sides.
2. A gift differs from a talent:
a. A talent is received by way of your first birth [natural birth]; a gift is received by the anointing at your second birth [salvation].
B. I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible
1. Grace is an endowment [the advantage] to perform your task [assignment] in life.
C. I Corinthians 15:10
1. The grace of God causes you to operate and properly function in life.
2. Saving grace is only one facet of grace. (Ephesians 2:8)
3. Functions of grace:
a. Grace is God’s advantage [abundant favor] given to believers to make both spiritual and natural progress.
b. Grace functions to overcome lack.
D. St. John 10:10, KJV & The Amplified Bible
E. Galatians 2:21, The Amplified Bible
1. The Kingdom of God operates through systems – tithes, offerings and first fruits.
2. When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable.
3. If you do not understand the purpose of the financial grace that comes through the system of tithes, offerings and first fruits, you will abuse the systems and frustrate grace.
A. “Take over” grace evidences itself in a land owner anointing – the ability to purchase [seize, acquire] available homes and lands in your neighborhood or community. (Central Location Only)
1. St. Mark 10:27-30
a. Houses/lands are to be received as a result of your giving or adhering to the system of God.
b. The objective or mark of following God is receiving which is the reciprocal effect of your giving.
2. St. Mark 4:8
a. Tithes, offerings and first fruits are the systems through which you sow into your heavenly account.
b. The thirty, sixty and hundred fold yield is not in the earth but in your heavenly account and is released by faith.
c. Believers make deposits into their heavenly account by giving to ministry.
B. Adherence to the systems of tithes, offerings and first fruits are paths to the “good life”.
1. Ephesians 2:8-10, KJV & The Amplified Bible
2. Ephesians 2:19
a. The believer’s tithes, offerings and first fruits finance the benefits of the Kingdom.
b. Angelic protection, prosperity and health and healing are some of the benefits, rights and privileges of the Kingdom.
c. Many people have experienced failure in areas God has ordained for them because they are “God robbers”. (Psalm 35:27)
• Jericho was the first city in the children of Israel’s conquest as they were going into the land of promise; in other words, Jericho was God’s tithe, offering and first fruit.
• God took care of the children of Israel in the desert [midst of nothing] with quail and manna.
• Joshua, guided by God, leads the Israelites into unprecedented military success in Jericho – causing the defense walls surrounding Jericho to implode.
I. Frustrating “take over” grace
A. Joshua 6:1-3; 17-19
1. Obedience to God’s system can cause your walls [containment, confinement] to come down.
2. The first city [Jericho] is accursed – dedicated to God (that which God has dedicated and reserved for Himself)
a. [Accursed defined in verse 17]…devoted, dedicated, or designated gifts for the ceremonies of God’s house; to set apart from ordinary use.
b. [Accursed thing defined in verse 18]…that which is banned, prohibited, or forbidden; marked to destroy if not yielded.
3. God has reserved the tithe, offering and first fruit for Him.
4. Observations regarding the mishandling of the accursed thing (tithe, offering and first fruit).
a. God cannot dispatch angelic protection on stolen property.
[Example] – you buy tires for your car with your tithe and as a result of that action, now the air conditioning in the car need repair, afterwards the engine fails.
b. The tithe, offering and first fruits are to be handled and administrated by the priest.
c. In the priest hands they [tithe, offering, first fruit] are blessed; in your hands they become accursed things and contaminate everything that is connected therewith. (Haggai 1:3-6)
B. Joshua 7:1-6, 10; 22-26
1. Achan takes of the accursed thing and frustrates the Israelites ability to “take over”. (verse 1)
2. Contrasting Jericho’s victory with Ai’s defeat:
a. In Jericho, the children of Israel are rejoicing over an effortless victory and all the people are alive.
b. In Ai, the Israelites are running from utter defeat and people die. (verses 2-5)
c. The grace was lifted from all of Israel because the accursed thing was touched by one man only, Achan.
d. Achan’s theft totaled to $612.75 and a Babylonish garment. (verses 22-25)
e. The Babylonish garment represents an attachment to another system.
f. As believers, we should be watchful not to become attached to this world’s failing system.
II. Tidbits on tithing
A. St. Luke 22:29
1. Tithing is God’s way of financing His Kingdom in the earth so that the Gospel can go forth.
2. Tithing underwrites all ministry costs of the local church.
3. Tithe means tenth. The first tenth of all income belongs to the Lord; this includes your salary, business profits, investment profits and financial gifts. (Leviticus 27:30)
4. The tithe is holy [dedicated, sacred, reserved] unto the Lord. (Leviticus 27:32; Malachi 3:7; Deuteronomy 26:13)
a. How you handle God’s money is a trust issue.
5. When believer’s misuse or spend the tithe, offering and first fruit is to make unclean that which is holy before God.
a. You commit a sin of familiarity [to make divine and holy things common/regular] when you misuse the tithe, offering and first fruit.
b. It’s important that you create an environment for God to release His favor by honoring His system.
c. You honor the King by how you handle His “things”.
d. God honors those who honor Him. (I Samuel 2:30)
(c)2010 George Matthews Ministries. All Rights Reserved.