East & Central Location
October 24, 2010
Keep Yourselves from Idols II
(No “B” Plan)
A. I Peter 4:10, The Amplified Bible
1. God has a specific grace for every need you have in life.
B. I Corinthians 3:10, The Amplified Bible
1. Grace is the ability given by God to believers to function in life.
C. I Corinthians 15:10
1. God has bestowed grace on the life of every believer.
D. Galatians 2:21, The Amplified Bible
1. A lack of understanding can frustrate grace.
2. Your attitude determines your readiness to receive. (Scripture reference – I Samuel 2:30)
1. An image, a likeness, whatever represents the form of an object either real or imaginary,
2. A figment of the mind, a fantasy, a false god like a golden calf.
3. A favorite (a favorite way of doing something).
4. A mindset, a thought process; any mindset or thought process that competes with God’s system of doing things.
· EAST LOCATION
I. Grace to receive the abundant life [the lifestyle of the rich and famous]. (Scripture reference – St. John 10:10)
A. Romans 4:17
1. Everything you will ever need in life has already been created.
a. Ephesians 1:3
b. Colossians 1:16
c. Genesis 1:1
2. Life has two sides: 1) the life before you and, 2) the life before God.
3. To receive the life before God, you must participate in His system of tithes, offerings and first fruits.
B. Idols will attempt to invade your thought life when you decide to obey God’s system.
1. I Timothy 6:11-12
a. There is a mental fight (how you think) involved in receiving the lifestyle God has intended.
2. II Corinthians 10:3-5
a. The enemy will attempt to wage war in your mind when you decide to obey God’s system.
3. Romans 8:6-7
4. Romans 7:15-18
5. James 4:4
C. Your deliverance from an idol system to the abundant life is in your faith fight – what you are saying from the word of God.
1. I Peter 5:7
a. You cast down cares and imaginations by faith. In other words, you must make a confession.
2. St. Mark 11:23
a. Doubt begins in the head.
b. Doubt in your heart will nullify your faith.
c. You remove doubt in your head before it penetrates your heart by the confessions of your mouth.
d. Your actions signify what is in your heart. [Example: Pastor Matthews continued his regular routine after straining a muscle in his back and the pain permeated to beneath his heart [the muscle].
· CENTRAL LOCATION
II. Boldness is a requirement to receive by faith:
A. Boldness starts in the heart.
1. Proverbs 23:7
a. There are two ways to think or rationalize truth: 1) with your head and, 2) with your heart [the inner man or the hidden man of the heart].
1. Proverbs 20:27
2. St. Luke 16:19-31
B. How you think will govern whether you will have the life before you or the life God has declared.
1. St. John 10:10
a. Enjoying life is a decision.
b. Jesus’ responsibility is to move you from where you are to the abundant life.
2. Jesus’ 3 step plan to connect you to the abundant life:
a. Convince you that your past way of thinking will only produce what you have.
b. Convince you that you must renew your mind with His word. (Scripture reference – Romans 12:1-3)
c. Convince you of His pattern to produce results for next level living.
3. Proverbs 21:16
a. As long as the enemy can keep you from understanding, you will never have the life God intended.
C. You cannot allow doubt to penetrate your heart.
1. Mark 11:23
a. Doubt begins in the head.
b. You counteract doubt in your head by speaking the Word. In other words, saying the Word impeach what is in your head.
c. Your actions portray what’s in your heart. (Example: Pastor Matthews continued his regular routine after straining a muscle in his back and the pain permeated to beneath his heart [the muscle].
D. There is another life that God has for you; to receive that life you must continue in the Word. (Scripture reference – St. John 8:31-32)
1. Continuing in the Word is the difference between being just a hearer of the Word and a doer of the Word.
a. James 1:22
b. Self deception is seen in idol thinking: thinking an idle system will produce results (only God’s system of tithes, offerings and first fruits is your connection to a prosperous life).
c. Your tithes, offerings and first fruits mark you in the spiritual realm.
d. I John 5:20-21
2. Romans 4:17
a. The continuous sowing of your tithes, offerings and first fruits is the mechanism to exchange the life before you for the life before God.
b. There is no other way to receive the abundant life.
· BOTH LOCATIONS
III. The perils of a “B” plan
A. Genesis 31 [Emphasis verses 19, 30-35]
1. Rachel, Jacob’s wife, stole, her father, Laban, gods [idols].
2. Rachel’s actions resulted in her death.
3. Death comes when you walk away from understanding. (Scripture reference – Proverbs 21:16)
© 2010 George Matthews Ministries