MIDWEEK BIBLE STUDIES
Wednesday in the Word
November 16, 2011
Doers of the Word II
(As You Go)
- I Corinthians 3:9
- The realities God have intended for the believer’s life can only be experienced when we execute our part (doing the Word) in the process.
- Hebrews 4:1-12
- When you enter into the rest of God you are no longer struggling. (verse 1)
- God has enough power to bring every promise to pass in our lives. (verse 1). (Scripture reference – II Peter 3:9)
- Doing the Word introduces the miraculous. For example, the water to wine miracle Jesus performed in St. John 2 came as a result of following Jesus’ words.
- When you become a doer of the Word, God can take you to an “and suddenly” manifestation.
- God can bypass time when you do the Word.
- Doing the Word is believing the Word; otherwise, you are just in the process of hearing.
- The Word preached will not profit you until you make the decision to do [the Word]. (verse 2)
- Everything you will ever need in life is finished; you must be a doer of the Word to receive it. (verse 3)
- Walking with God is a process (it is not magic).
- Failure to comply is an indication you do not believe the Word. (verses 6-7)
- James 1:22
- A doer is a maker; a producer; an author; a performer; one who obeys or performs the law.
- Hearing the Word only deceives you into believing you have power to see manifestation in your life.
- Romans 2:13
- Professional hearers are not justified by God.
- Isaiah 44:20
- Feeding on ashes rather than enjoying God’s best is the consequence of a deceived heart.
- I. Doing the Word before seeing results is faith.
- St. Luke 17:11-19
- The lepers did not wait to see a change before they obeyed Jesus.
- Hearing the Word only does not bring about a change.
- The lepers cleansing came as they went (following the instructions of Jesus).
- Only the one leper that thanked Jesus for His word was restored to wholeness. (verse 19)
- St. Luke 17:11-19
© 2011 George Matthews Ministries